1. No, they didn't.
2. Believing that a child can succeed, andpushing him to go all out.
建议的表达与回答 1-5 CDBAB
连词although, so that & until 1-4 DBBC
1. (1) allow me to have (2) allow talking
2. Ⅰ. 1. instead 2. instead of 3. Instead
4. instead of
Ⅱ. didn'thave; Instead
3. (1) offered to help
(2) offered me some useful information /offered some useful information to me
4. secondly; she had no home
5. (1) continue our / the long journey
(2) may / might continue
(3) continue to watch TV / go on / keep onwatching TV
1. 课外班 2. 和……打架 3. 把某物归还给某人
4. 拒绝做某事 5. 害怕…… 6. 迅速地吃晚饭
7. get into a fight 8. be angry with sb.
9. mind sb. doing sth. 10. speak in front of people 11. join after-school activities 12. from a young age
Ⅰ. 1. clouds 2. elder 3. instead 4. Proper
5. nervous 6. argued 7. explained 8. Secondly
Ⅱ. 1. offered to drive
2.work out these problems / work these problems out
3.gets on with 4. allows; to play
5.communicate with 6. look through
Ⅲ. 1-5 BDECA
Ⅰ. 1. What / How about
2. You should / could / need to
3. Good idea / Sounds great / ...
4. Why don't you / Why not
Ⅱ. 1. as soon as 2. sothat 3. Although 4. because
Ⅰ. 1. caused 2. members 3. typical 4. quick
5. crazy 6. unusual 7. development
Ⅱ. 1. to compare this coat with that one
2. compete with 3. to cut out that sentence
4.give me a lot of pressure 5. exam skills
6. push your son so hard
Ⅲ. 1. for school 2.Perhaps
3. continued drawing / with 4. so that he could
5. In my opinion
1. relations 2. allow 3. return 4. anymore 5. offer
6. communicate 7. Secondly 8. wrong
(1) taking after-school classes
(2) children's health and happiness aremore important
(3) I don't think parents should push theirchildren so hard
(4) They should give their children enoughtime to relax
(5) how to learn
Dear Sir or Madam,
I don't think that children should takeafter-school classes.
Most parents hope that their children canimprove their grades by taking after-school classes but they don't realizetheir children can get good grades by listening to the teacher carefully inclass and finding a good way of learning.
Learning from a young age is important butin my opinion, children's health and happiness are more important. I don'tthink parents should push their children so hard. They should give them enoughtime to relax. Children need to be successful but they also need to be happy.
All in all, to be a successful person, Ibelieve how to learn and how to be a happy learner are more important thantaking after-school classes.
Unit 4 综合能力评估试题
Ⅰ. 1-5 CBBAA Ⅱ. 6-10CACBA
Ⅲ. 11-15 CACBA Ⅳ. 16-20BCCCA
Ⅴ. 21-25 CBCAD 26-30CBBDD 31-35 BAADA
Ⅵ. 36-40 BDABC 41-45 DDACA
Ⅶ. 46-50 CDEFB
Ⅷ. 51-55 ADDBC 56. feel athome
57. have the time to do other things
58. spend more money
59. picking out what they want / shoppingonline
60. provide lower prices
Ⅸ. 61. to copy 62.explained 63. to argue / arguing
64. skills 65. causing 66. Perhaps 67. clear
68. communication 69. guess 70. second(ly)
Ⅹ. 71. will work out 72. get on with
73. should cut out 74. It's nota big deal
75. isn't; anymore
Ⅺ. 76. arguing 77. deal 78. whatever 79. how
80. boring 81. clouds 82. nervous 83. late
84. swim 85. returned
Ⅻ. One possible version:
I've read your letter and I can understandhow you feel.
First, some snacks are bad for our health.It's bad to eat snacks like chips or chocolate instead of a meal. I used tohave stomach problems because of eating a lot of snacks, so I decided to givesnacks up. Now I live a healthier life.
Second, try changing the kinds of snacksyou're eating. Eat healthy snacks like fruits or yogurt. We all need snackssometimes. In fact, it's a good idea to eat two healthy snacks between yourmain meals.
Third, if you are eating snacks because oftoo much stress, you could try taking more exercise. That helps a lot!
I hope my advice can be helpful to you. Behappy!